God wants to do great things in your life!! He wants to bless your socks off!!
God wants to unleash your amazing and do great things in your life! I don’t know about you but each time I read my Bible I am more and more amazed at the great things God does in our lives. This morning I was reading through Jeremiah and stopped to ponder chapter 20.
Jeremiah is worn out from speaking the truth to his generation. He is mocked and everyone wanted to shut him up. He even wanted to shut himself up but when he tried to stop preaching his bones burned and he was worn out from holding it in, so he keeps on going and in verses 11 & 13 he spontaneously sings praises to God why…because God is with him and because He delivers the weak from the wicked.
Jeremiah is full of lament, he sees the wicked in his day and yet he continues to proclaim truth to his generation in both praise and lament…we see God do great things in his life. Jeremiah speaks of both lament and praise. He does not lament without praise.
How about you? In the midst of lament do you also praise? Speaking or singing praise turns our minds and hearts back to joy. Praise always releases the power of God in our lives. It is one of the few weapons we have to fight the battles against darkness and evil in our lives.
In the middle of my darkest days when it was all I could do to get out of bed and cry, I would put on praise music as loud as I could and sing along. I wrote scriptures on all of my walls and read them aloud. I prayed and sang and cried and continued the journey to work on myself. There were some days that I doubted myself and my future but I was able to hold on to God and His truth and on the days when I couldn’t hold on to Him He held on to me.
God wants to do great things in your life but you must learn how to use the power of praise if you want to unleash God’s awesome in your life which makes you awesome. Lament on it’s own will not get you anywhere except into the pit of darkness and that is precisely where the enemy wants you.
This life is a battle for your mind. Each and every day we win or lose battles because of our mind which leads to thoughts, actions, feelings, behaviors and eventually habits. You can change your mind and one way to do that is by unleashing praise in your life.
You will unleash your awesome if you make your life a practice of praise. Here are 5 simple ways you can put it into practice in your own life and begin to unleash freedom, joy, peace, goodness, love, forgiveness, patience…oh the list of awesome goes on and on when we praise!
- If you don’t have any praise in you right now put on some praise music and listen to it loudly as you go about your day let someone else praise for you in this way
- Learn the words to one praise song that speaks to your heart and sing it out loud over and over again
- Write some words of praise on paper and tape them to your walls..the bigger the better and every time you see them read them out loud
- For every negative thought you are ruminating about (thinking about over and over again in your mind) write down five things that are the opposite of that thought and yet true…for example…I am stuck here and I hate my life….Praise you Jesus for choices and freedom, Praise you Jesus for the very air I breathe comes from you…and so on and then say them out loud
- Go somewhere in nature and look around you and begin to praise God for every single thing that you can see…the bugs, the trees, the weeds, the clouds, the blue sky, the creek, the ocean, the meadow….whatever your eye can see praise Him for it.
Did you notice a theme? Besides praise…out loud! Say these things out loud you speak to yourself and you speak to the spirit realm where the angels will join with you in praise. These are simple yet powerful ways to change your life from the inside out. We can’t always change our circumstance but we can always change us.
Leave me a comment and let me know how you praise so we can all learn from each other!