Happy end of 2017!!
I can’t believe this year is coming to a close it’s been an awesome year! I am sitting outside at a little gluten free bistro in Redondo Beach, California. It’s December and I am wearing a t-shirt!!! Who would have guessed that in less than I year I traded my wrung out life for the life of my dreams? Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe that this is actually my life. God knew what was up and I supposed I could have to if I had been using some sort of life calculation tool. I have been intentional most of my life and intentional living has led me to living a life of my dreams rather than a life that just happens to me.
At the beginning of 2017 I was very intentional about setting a vision for my year, I spent a few days praying through my year and making a vision board. I had a few words and a few pictures last year that compelled me and kept me on track for 2017. I hung the board on the back of the door in my office so that every time I left my office I would remember my intentions for the year. I also would continue to pray through them and ask God to keep me on track for Him.
The words I chose were Adventure and Perseverance, which translates….“say Yes, to adventure” and “Keep on going & never give up!. These were my mantras for 2017. As a result I traveled internationally three times, across the country three times, took a dream job, in a dream location and now write and speak both locally and globally.
There was a temptation to give up on many occasions this year.
- There were times I was tempted to stay stuck in the shame of my past failures and losses and there were many of them so it would be easy to do.
- There were times where I felt overwhelmed and I had to remember to focus.
- There were times when I felt depressed and I had to turn my thoughts back to all of the good things God has done so that I could return to joy.
- There were times I got so busy that I felt like I fell behind in life (ie..moving my entire home 1001 miles across the West Coast), but I would recalibrate and turn back to myself, God and the important people in my life.
- There were times when I was tempted to give into fear…well there were lots of moments of fear….fear of failure, fear of success, fear of not being liked, fear of being too busy, fear of being depressed again…oh my lots of fear, but I did not allow myself to stay in fear, I honored it as a feeling and then asked God “what’s next?’
Here’s the point, no matter what my feelings were saying, I honored them as a part of me and then, I kept on going and I kept on saying “yes” to adventures.
I believe God has big dreams for you. Are you living a dream driven life or does life just happen to you? When God gives you dreams, ideas and plans do you say yes and then step into faith or have you laid your dreams down for a season or two and now need to pick them up again? Where ever you are in life now is a good time to step into your dreams, to do the healing you need to do and to begin to live a life of purpose on purpose. God has so much for you. I am even more excited for 2018. I hope you will join me in following your God given dreams this year!